Before you get started, just a friendly reminder to you and your Spritz Squad to wash your hands.
Makes 15 spears
1 bunch thick asparagus spears, woody tips removed
Prosciutto, thinly sliced (same number of slices as there are asparagus spears)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, zest only
Salt and pepper, to taste
Thinly shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a oven tray with baking paper.
- Steam the asparagus for a couple of minutes then refresh in cold water. The spears should still be quite firm.
- Place a good plug of olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Using tongs, drag the asparagus spears one at a time through the oil mixture so that they collect some of the herbs, lemon zest and garlic, then wrap each spear in a slice of prosciutto.
- Put the spears on the lined tray next to each other and scatter on the parmesan.
- Place the tray in the top shelf of the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp and the parmesan has melted.
- Scatter on extra parsley to serve and drizzle on a bit more extra virgin olive oil. Buon appetito!
Recipe courtesy of Italy on my Mind.