Before you get started, just a friendly reminder to you and your Spritz Squad to wash your hands.
Makes 24 pizzettes
500g of Laucke Pizza and Focaccia Mix, 4g yeast (included)
1/2 cup semolina
1/2 cup extra flour for dusting
250ml tomato passata
4 pieces sundried tomato
1 tbsp dried oregano
Pinch of salt and pepper
150g buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1cm cubes
2 tbsp dried oregano
Good quality extra virgin olive oil
Small handful basil leaves, torn
- For the Laucke pizza dough, add 500g flour to a stand mixer with a dough kneading blade. Add in the dry yeast and turn machine on to lowest speed. While mixing slowly, pour in 330ml of lukewarm water to form a dough. Knead on low for 6-10 minutes until the dough is elastic. Rest for 10 minutes. Next divide the dough in two, rest covered for a further 10 minutes.
- Once rested, roll dough out to ½ cm thickness on a floured surface with a little semolina. Using a round 6cm pastry cutter, cut out pizzette, and place onto a sheet or baking paper to fit your baking tray.
- To make the tomato sauce place the ingredients into a blender and select the soup option.
- Using your fingers make small indentations into the center of each pizzette. Add in a tablespoon of sauce to each pizzetta and top with a piece of mozzarella. Finish with a little drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of dried oregano.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Cook pizzette for 15-20 minutes. Watch closely, and remove to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with torn basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Sammy and Bella.